The experts of Stoffenmanager® are regularly part of research in the field of safe and healthy working with hazardous substances. Based on our expertise, we work with our partners and community on new solutions to reduce exposure to hazardous substances for human health. We do this by connecting business, governments, science and technical developments and translating these into sustainable solutions for companies.
Scientific research is at the basis of our work. Here you will find some recent studies from the field.
- On January 3, 2023, the article"Evaluation of Stoffenmanager® and ART for Estimating Occupational Inhalation Exposures to Volatile Liquids" was published in Annals of Work Exposures and Health, evaluating the performance of Stoffenmanager® and the Advanced REACH Tool (ART).
- On 2 August 2022, the article "Exposure modelling in Europe: how to pave the road for the future as part of the European Exposure Science Strategy 2020-2030" was published in the Journal of Exposure Science & Environmental Epidemiology, where the experts of Stoffenmanager® are co-authors. This article lays a strong foundation for exposure science in Europe for the next decade.
- On August 5, 2022, Frontiers published in Public Health the article "Case Report: Toxic encephalopathy caused by repeated inhalation of liquid sealant" describing the clinical data of a 34-year-old man who had become addicted to inhaling liquid kit. which led to toxic encephalopathy.
- On November 2, 2021, the Journal of Exposure Science & Environmental Epidemiology published an article in which the International Society on Exposure Science (ISES) argues a linguistic standard in the field of exposure science.
To the publication: Towards further harmonization of a glossary for exposure science- an ISES Europe statement.
- Frontiers in Public Health published on July 7, 2021, a study on the effectiveness of the measures taken in March 2020 against COVID-19 outbreaks in an Italian prison.
To the publication: Efficacy of the Measures Adopted to Prevent COVID-19 Outbreaks in an Italian Correctional Facility for Inmates Affected by Chronic Diseases
- Frontiers in Public Health published the article 'Development of a Digital Video-Based Occupational Risk Assessment Method' on the development and implementation of a video-based occupational risk assessment.
To the publication: Development of a Digital Video-Based Occupational Risk Assessment Method
- In this publication, the International Labour Organization (ILO) provides insight into the global state of exposure to dangerous substances at work and the consequences for health.
To the publication: Exposure to hazardous chemicals at work and resulting health impacts: A global review
- Frontiers in Public Health published an article indicating that the "source of infection" and "patient zero" are related to the transmission of COVID-19 from (work) environment to humans.
To the publication: Occupational characteristics and management measures of sporadic COVID-19 outbreaks from June 2020 to January 2021 in China: the importance of tracking down “patient zero.