Scientific and technical developments in the field of exposure risks are in constant flux. Like our customers, we attach great importance to the scientific basis when it comes to working in a safe and healthy way. It is extremely important to take adequate control measures that are based on science. After all, human lives are at stake.
With our Research and Development platform, we focus on scientific research, fed by the needs and lessons from practice. By connecting (scientific) knowledge, IT solutions, legislation and business, we develop new and sustainable solutions. Not just for today's problems, but for tomorrow's world. Of course, we do not do this alone and we work closely with top universities and knowledge institutes.
What is Stoffenmanager®?
ISAB: the independent International Scientific Advisory Board
An independent international scientific advisory board is connected to Stoffenmanager®. This advisory board consists of representatives of various top universities and knowledge institutes from Europe and beyond. The advisory board has the task to advise on the further development of the Stoffenmanager® tool. This way we ensure that Stoffenmanager® 8 complies with the latest laws and regulations and is in line with the most recent scientific insights.
The members of the ISAB are:
- Austrian AUVA (Social Accident Insurance), Austria
- Central Institute for Labour Protection - National Research Institute (CIOP-PIB), Poland
- Finnish Institute of Occupational Health (FIOH), Finland
- Institute of Occupational Medicine and Industrial Hygiene of the National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Institute of Occupational Safety and Health of the German Social Accident Insurance (IFA), Germany
- KU Leuven, Laboratory for Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, Belgium
- National Research Centre for the Working Environment (NFA), Denmark
- National School of Public Health (ENSP-NOVA), Portugal
- Research Institute TNO, The Netherlands
- Risk Assessment for Human Health (RAHH)- the Environmental and Occupational Hygiene research group by the University of Insubria, Italy
- Spanish Association of Industrial Hygiene (AEHI), Spain
Stoffenmanager® Fieldlab. contribute with your knowledge!
Stoffenmanager® is continuously working on more detailed data to reduce the risks of working with dangerous substances for our customers. We need your knowledge and expertise to do so! Do you recognize these situations? You estimate the exposure of substance X when pipetting in a fume cupboard. To your surprise, the outcome is not safe. Or you want to estimate the exposure to respirable dust and quartz when dumping powders but Stoffenmanager® only gives the concentration of the inhalable dust. If so, we are looking for your knowledge!
We have started two projects in which we want to further develop the underlying Stoffenmanager® calculation rules together with our community Stoffenmanager® Fieldlab.